Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct SSC CGL Tier I, II Exam in the month of July and November 2018. So, now you might be thinking to kick-start your exam preparation. Would you like to know what tactics to follow to score good marks in SSC CGL Exam? If yes, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, you’re going to read 6 expert tips to crack the SSC CGL exam in a single attempt.
An Overview of SSC CGL Tier I Exam
SSC CGL Tier I Exam
SSC CGL Tier I is an online-based examination. There will be multiple choice questions asked from various subjects include General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English. As per the SSC CGL Notification, there will be 25 questions asked from each section for 50 marks each. The time allotted to complete the exam is 60 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam
As same as Tier I, Tier II Exam consists of 4 sections. The topics include Quantitative Ability, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, and General Studies. There will be 100 questions asked in each section except in the English.
The time duration allotted to complete the exam is 2 hours and physically handicapped students will get 2 hours 40 minutes to finish the exam. Negative marking of 0.25 will be deduced for each wrong answer.
Hence, it’s all-important to have a thorough look at the topics mentioned in the SSC CGL Syllabus.
How to Crack SSC CGL Exam in a Single Attempt?
Apart from the thoroughgoing of the syllabus, you should consider the below expert tips to make your dreams come true. So, here are some useful tips that will help you to crack the SSC CGL Exam.
- Timely PreparationStart your exam preparation as early as possible when you get to know the recruitment notification of SSC CGL. Why because earlier preparation helps to save time so that you can revise what you’ve studied so long before the exam.
- Prepare an AgendaPrepare an agenda of explaining the topics to be covered on a daily basis before the exam. In order to do that, you’ve to be sure about the days and topics left so far. After finishing a particular topic, give a mini review of those topics so that you can understand where you’re lagging off.
- Make a NoteMake a summary note of the topics you’re studying as it will aid you to retain the information while you revise. You can take advantage of note cards or flash cards as it’s helpful for quick review.
- Put yourself into PracticeAs the saying goes “Practice Makes a Man Perfect”, practice each section a lot referring SSC CGL Previous Papers so that you can improve your speed in solving aptitude and reasoning part. Apart from this, try solving mock test papers to test your knowledge in the entire sections of Tier I and Tier II. Concentrate more on improving your Grammar as the English section is for 200 marks.
- The habit of reading regularlyMake a habit of reading newspapers, magazines, and some good articles regularly to improve your knowledge in general awareness. Organize a group study as it will help to solve many problems together.
- Proper Sleep and MeditationTake a break in the middle of your study to keep you away from depression. Take care of yourself. Eat well and have sleep on time. Besides, do some meditation to keep your mind fresh and to increase your concentration levels.